Here are some tips on how to look your best.
1. A nice watch (for men) Even if you don't wear a lot of jewelry, invest some money in a nice watch. It creates a look of wealth, and adds swagg to any outfit.
2. A hat (also called "a fitted) Wear this loosely on the crown of your head (see the above picture) This is a must if you're trying to create the urban look.
3. Now one thing you got to understand about urban style is to really get the look you don't need to buy name brands from major retailers. This look is a street look. Create your own trends and style from pieces you find at discount and thrift stores. Now I'm not saying dress like a bum, cuz that sure as hell ain't urban style!!! Urban style is all about swagg, confidence, and creativity.
4. If you aren't comfortable doing the discount thrift store gig and adding your own flair, popular stores to shop at are Gap, Banana Republic, Urban Outfitters, Hot topic, Spencers and J. Crew.
5. Shoes. I'm not going to go into to much detail about shoes. Just make sure your kicks are fresh as hell. If you don't have to money to buy new shoes, change the laces frequently.
6. Urban Style is all about expressing yourself. It moves in the opposite direction from other trends. It's a way to be you!!
One last tip is....
Always be you when it comes to this type of style.
As much as I love looking at boutique displays of clothes or real people in catalogues, I want my personal style decisions to be made quickly. I want to click through items I like instead of spending hours searching through stores or hanging out with salespeople who don't really give me their opinion. Whether it be clothes or accessories, clothes or hairstyles - everyone has an opinion on how they want someone else to look. With some helpful tips from some of my favourite city slickers, city slicking never looked so good.ReplyDelete